Transform Your Skin with a Konjac Sponge
What's the deal with those small balls in beauty stores? Well, we cherish these oddly shaped beauty tools for their cleansing and exfoliating skills. They're called Konjac sponges and have been used in Japan for centuries.
These gentle cleansing exfoliators are made from the same Konjac root used in those low-carb noodles that so many talk about. They play a pivotal role in the beauty routine of Japanese women, offering a myriad of health benefits.
Konjac sponges can help transform your skin - yet are super affordable. However, they are not only a God-send for your skin, but as a 100% bio-degradable, vegan, cruelty-free product, the Konjac Sponge is great for the environment too. Let's see how they work and what makes them so great!
What is a Konjac Sponge?
This little squishy (when wet) miracle is made from the root of the Konjac plant. It's 100 percent natural and has a gentle exfoliating action, which makes it ideal for all skin types. Plus, it's rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that nourish your skin. Think of it as an improved version of a loofah.
Japanese people have been using Konjac as food and medicine for over 1,500 years. The sponges made from this root exfoliate and nourish the skin while helping minimise the signs of ageing. Due to their gentle action, they can be used on a daily basis.
The Konjac sponge has a wide range of applications, from helping to gently exfoliate to makeup removal. It won't take long for this nifty little sponge to become your best friend as you see the results from it removing dead skin cells and debris, and getting rid of acne-causing bacteria.
How Will a Konjac Sponge Help Your skin?
When used regularly, a Konjac Sponge helps to purify skin by gently unclogging pores, encouraging cellular turnover with its gentle exfoliation powers, and preventing the appearance of blackheads and breakouts as they gently remove excess sebum, dirt, and bacteria. You should notice that your skin looks and feels amazing within days or regular use (I personally use mine morning and night as it is that gentle!).
The Konjac sponge is often enriched with green French clay or charcoal. These ingredients draw out impurities from your skin and clean the pores (Indagare Natural Beauty offers the charcoal enriched sponge).
How to Use a Konjac Sponge
- When you get your sponge it will be hard. Simply soak the Konjac Sponge for three to five minutes in warm water to allow it to soften.
- When the sponge has softened, gently squeeze out the excess water.
- If you don't wear makeup, you can use the sponge with just a small amount of water. If you've worn makeup that day, we recommend you cleanse with a cleanser first and use the Konjac Sponge afterward (just gentle, circular motions) as a follow up for a deeper cleanse.
- When you are finished, be sure to rinse and clean your Konjac Sponge. Ensure it is hung out to air dry (as opposed to sitting in a puddle of water).
- Avoid storing the sponge in humid conditions, and nor should it be kept in direct sunlight.
- We recommend that you boil your sponge every few weeks to ensure bacteria is kept at bay, and replace the sponge periodically (1-2 months) to continue enjoying the benefits of this magical plant
At just $9.90, Indagare Natural Beauty's Charcoal Konjac Sponges ensure this nifty beauty tool is a must-have addition to your luxury face oil.